- Learning Resources
- Student Portals
The Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy, GPAIP, giving insurance cover to the students of the university departments and of the affiliated colleges, was started in the year 1991 with a premium of Re.1 per student per annum. GPAIP scheme is now renamed as Student Safety Insurance Policy with enhanced coverage.
This scheme covers every regular student under this University for an insurance coverage of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rupees One lakh only) for death due to accident. In addition to this, up to a coverage amount up to Rs.5000/- is provided for the in-patient medical expenses due to accident to a student.
The premium: Rs. 10/- per student per annum.
How to apply: Principals/Directors/HODs shall forward claim applications to The Director, Department of Student Services.
Documents to be attached with the application
(a) for Death Claim :
– Attested copy of Death Certificate
– Attested copy of FIR
– Attested copy of Post Mortem Report
– Attested copy of Legal heir ship Certificate
– Attested copy of Photo Identity Card of the deceased
(b) for reimbursement of medical expenses due to accidents:
– Attested copy of discharge summary from the hospital
– Attested copy of detailed cash bill
– Attested copy of Photo Identity Card of the student
latest University Orders….
© 2024 Mahatma Gandhi University, Priyadarsini Hills, Kottayam, Kerala, India - 686560