Dr. A.P Thomas
Prof. (Dr.) A. P. Thomas
Visiting Professor & Director, ACESSD School of Environmental Sciences
Mahatma Gandhi University
Priyadarshini Hills P.O.
Kottayam, Kerala-686 560
Phone : +91 481 2732120 (O)
+91 9447473830 (Mob.)
Fax : +91 481 2732620
Email : email@example.com
- M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Zoology
Environmental stress/ Pollution studies, Stress physiology, Biodiversity studies, Environmental monitoring and management, Carbon sequestration and Climate change
- A study on the effect of artificial fertilizers on the earthworms in paddy fields (UGC)2. Studies on the neuroendocrine system of Chiroptera– a histological and histochemicalapproach (UGC)
- Development of microbial consortium to enhance the survival of the larvae of Macrobrachiumrosenbergii in the hatchery and growth in grow-out ponds (UGC)
- Assessment of the explosive aquatic weed growth, their taxonomy, ecology and impact onthe Kuttanad wetland ecosystem, Kerala State (MoEF)
- Environmental status of the Periyar river drainage system of the Western Ghat region of Kerala (WGDP).
Research Publications: (Selected):
- Probiotic effect of Bacillus NL 110 and Vibrio NE 17 on the survival, growth performance and immune response of Macrobrachium rosenbergii (de Man) with K.M. MUjeeb Rahiman, Yousuf Jesmi and A.A. Mohamed Hatha. Aquaculture Research, 1-15, (doi:10.1111/j.1365-21095.2009.02473.x).2010.
- Comparison of metal accumulation in the selected fishes from two sites of VembanadBackwaters, Kerala, India with Mahesh Mohan and Deepa M. Journal of Environmental Science and Engineering. (In press)
- Mechanism and geochemical implications to the Late Holocene organic carbon burial event-an example from Southwest coast of India with Ajaykumar B., Mahesh Mohan, ShyleshChandran M.S., Jayasooryan K.K., and Unni K.S., Journal Environmental Earth Sciences,Springer, 59,1409-1416. 2010.
- Phytofiltration of cadmium from water by Limnocharis flava (L.) Buchenau grown in free-floatingsystem, with Abhilash P.C., Vimal Chandra Panday, Pankaj Srivastava, P.S. Rakesh, Smitha Chandran, Nadita Singh, Journal of Hazardous Materials (ELSEVIER) HAZMAT-9998. 2009.
- Monitoring conservation effectiveness in a global biodiversity hotspot: the contribution of land cover change assessment, with Shijo Joseph., George Alan Blackburn, S. Sudhakar, and M.S.R. Murthy. Environ. Monit. Assess. Springer Science (DOI 10.1007/s 10661-008-0571-4).2008.
- Eco-distribution mapping of invasive weed Limnocharis flava (L) Buchenau using Geographical Information System: Implications for containment and integrated weed management for ecosystem conservation, with P. C. Abhilash, Nandita Singh, V. P. Sylas, B. Ajaykumar, John C. Mathew and R. Satheesh. Taiwania, 53 (1): 30-41, 2008.
- Bacterial flora associated with the larval rearing environment and larvae of giant freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii, with Mujeeb Rahiman K.M., Suluja T, and A.A.M Hatha.Fishery Technology, 42(2): 149-154. 2005.