National Service Scheme
(In-charge of Programme Co-Ordinator)
E.mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Former Principal, MES College Nedumkandom
- University started functioning in 1983
- All the NSS Units of affiliated Colleges and Departments promoted “Campus Community Partnership”
- All the NSS Activities lay emphasis on the “Students Total Personality Development”
- Participation in the NSS activities helps the students (NSS Volunteers) to inculcate “Socio Cultural Sensibility and Responsibility”
- NSS, M G University was instrumental in making “Kottayam – The First 100 % Literate Town” in India.
- Its effort to make “Kottayam – A Tobacco-Free Town” were remarkable.
- The “Nalpathimala Experiment” ie. In collaboration with Nalpathimala Village turned to be a success in improving the Socio-Economic Status of the village.
- Only university in the country having 100% campus community partnership through NSS.
- An Eco Tourism Park was constructed near Erumely costing Rs. 2 Lakhs.
- 1500 Water Percolation Pits constructed by the NSS Volunteers.
- Maintained 10 Kilometers of Roads.
- Converted 5 acres of wasteland into agricultural land.
- Drinking water supplied to Pilgrims of Sabarimala 2.5 lakh pilgrims benefited through the scheme.
- Participation in and promotion of collective farming in 5 Villages.
- The Vazhiyora Tourism project launched by M E S College Erumely at Mukkada – Placherry roadside and Erumely Town in Kottayam district help the local communities to derive a permanent income from tourism field.
- Pampa and Sabarimala cleaning drive during Sabarimala pilgrim season with the help of 4000 students.
|Year of Establishment
|Total Number of NSS Units (Current Status)
|Number of adopted villages
|Volunteers qualifying for NSS certificates and grace marks(Year wise)